Server Status

Just some stuff you might want to pay attention to.

Postby miri on Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:14 pm

We might be running very slow for a bit or start having DB problems. I'm trying to repair the database tables in the freaking gallery. I keep repairing them, they keep crashing. I'm pissed, but so far, I haven't found an easy to use and/or migrate to gallery option.
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Postby miri on Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:26 pm

Amazing - just deleted the super-bloated gallery database caused my server space usage to drop from 82% to 46%. And I haven't even deleted the image files yet!
miri

Re: Server Status

Postby miri on Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:41 pm

I’ve received the following message from the web server peeps and just thought I’d let you guys know:

A drive in the server that hosts your website has failed and needs to be replaced. The server will be taken offline on the morning of August 6 between 12:00 and 4:00 a.m. EST so the drive can be replaced. Downtime is not expected to last more than one hour.
miri

Postby miri on Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:33 am

Hey, guys – after spending a good chunk of last night (and some of today) fighting site hackers, the people at the server farm are suggesting an update to the operating system on the server. I don’t know yet when this will happen or what the impact will be, but just wanted to let you know we might be down for a bit. As soon as I have more details, I’ll pass them along. Sorry for the problem, but given the horrid performance of the server over-night, I think it’s a wise thing to do for the long term.
miri

Postby miri on Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:49 pm

The update has been performed and so far, I haven't found any problems. If you notice anything wonky, please let me know.
miri

Previous

Return to Announcements