TAR 25.11 "Hooping it Up"

TAR 25.11 "Hooping it Up"

Postby rockhpi on Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:13 pm

Loved the traffic cop! You go, Filipino Michael Jackson!

Wow! 4 teams in the final! For a while, at least. I was SO happy when I saw Phil with another clue when the Scientists showed up. I'm still rooting for them to win it all. And the way these final legs go, it could happen.

If the dentists win, they will finish with a 74% ratio of teams beaten over teams possible to beat, tied for 7th best with Nick & Starr and Tyler & James. The Surfers would tie for 10th best with Zach & Flo at 71%.

The wrestlers would be 4th worst ever with 51%. The Scientists with 40% would be barely better than the Beekman boys, worst ever. Still want them to win!
rockhpi
taking a detour

Re: TAR 25.11 "Hooping it Up"

Postby WalterC on Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:46 pm

I am finally caught up, and thought this leg was unbelievable, as it could have been anyone's.

Just sucked (or not) that the wrestlers finally finished 1st in a leg, yet don't get any prize. Instead, we get a couple of firsts. The wrestlers or candy girls winning the race would be big surprises. But with the way the last few legs have happened, it is definitely anyone's race.

I wonder if the other teams are aware that an elimination will happen at some point in the final leg. Because I hate surprise eliminations, like the ones in 10 and 15. But I assume they should get the hint, since it's 4 instead of the usual 3 teams in the finals.
WalterC
bunched

Postby bray on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:02 pm

The Pit-Keep-Racing was the last thing I expected, and the best thing I could have hoped for. It'll be really interesting to see how this plays out. Can't wait to see the other team's reactions when Maya & Amy show up at the airport.

Anyone get flashbacks to Margie's pitstop collapse in S14?

I've got a new theory on the final memory challenge. Since the race had never been to Malta before, I don't know how it could figure into a Greatest Hits type puzzle. But I've noticed another trend. Cambridge punts; Shetland ponies and Shetland sheep; Great Danes and Danish pastries; Maltese falcon and Maltese Cross; and a Manila envelope. Got to admit, I'm not sure how the US Virgin Islands, Morocco, Sicily and Singapore fit in there though. Damnit, why didn't Phil give teams a Singapore Sling at the pitstop?

Also, with the exception of Morocco and Denmark, everywhere they've visited has been an island... including the starting line on Manhattan Island. Hmm... there are TOO many themes this season!

You know what? While I want the candy girls to win it, I'd be totally fine with Brooke & Robbie winning it, too. Brooke gets a lot of hate for her negative attitude, but her personality is so uncannily similar to one of my friends that I see past that. It would be easy to lump her in with KKKendra and Jamie, but I don't see her vocally-expressed negativity as actually reflecting the way she feels (if that makes sense). Despite all of her "this is the worst thing ever", she is actually loving being on the race. The rare occasions when she flashes a smile, you know it means she's having a lot of fun. And Robbie is just straight out funny. So if the candy girls can't Beekman Boy their way to first place, I hope it's these two.

Bring on the finale!
bray
yielded

Postby rockhpi on Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:01 pm

That's an interesting theory, Bray, and Phil was VERY careful to mention that the last clue was in a Manila envelope. I'm not 100% sure how it ties together, but I believe you're right that there will be some relationship between the places and objects bearing the places' names in the memory challenge.
rockhpi
taking a detour

Postby rockhpi on Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:13 pm

Remember that giant puffin mascot? That has to figure into this somewhere. That was just odd.
rockhpi
taking a detour

Postby bray on Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:59 pm

That puffin was odd...

I almost imagine a Season 12 style memory challenge, except instead of The Amazing Janitor there'll be three three hyperactive Amazing Puffin mascots flapping about. I'm still not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Well, we'll find out tonight!
bray
yielded

Postby rockhpi on Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:06 pm

Phil says this season's memory challenge will be very different in this article:

http://www.hitfix.com/the-fien-print/in ... -25-finale

He also said something that I checked out... he said that usually the team that wins the first leg makes it to the final three.

This is true for 14 of the 25 races , only just over half the time (56%). I'm not sure that's strong enough to be significant - in 11 Races, the first-leg-winners didn't get to the end. In 6 Races of 24, the team who won the first leg went on to win the whole thing, 25% exactly (we'll see how the dentists do tonight). That's more than random chance (1 of 11 or 12 teams) but still doesn't feel overwhelming to me.
rockhpi
taking a detour

Return to TAR 25