TAR 25.7 "Hot Sexy Knights" 21.11.14

TAR 25.7 "Hot Sexy Knights" 21.11.14

Postby Tea-time on Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:59 am

So it looks like the Save won't come into play, unless the Dentists need it on the next leg. And as much as I would have like at least one team to get that Flag detour (and the Surfers seemed to be the most likely), I think it was a good choice for them to use the Express Pass, rather than letting it go to waste.

The drinks on a tray task was way harder than most route information tasks - it's good to see them have to work for something! For the Detour, having one task visible to teams looking for the next clue kinda defeated the "choose blind" aspect of the clue, as several teams already knew (or could guess) exactly what Flag was.

This was the most Detour switching I've seen in a while.

[Edited to add: I thought I made the episode number 8 - sorry]
Tea-time
road blocked

Re: TAR 25.7 "Hot Sexy Knights" 21.11.14

Postby rockhpi on Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:26 am

Yes - I appreciated the drinks on a tray task (though is there a reason it's linked to the knights of Malta? Seems like you could do that task anywhere) for its difficulty. I like a task that can turn disastrous in the blink of an eye - they tend to mix up the Race order.

Am I the only one who thought T&T's Speed Bump task was judged very forgivingly? Their Maltese crosses seemed a little sloppy and off-center.

Come on, Scientists - come through when one of those other teams screws up! I fear their time is fast approaching. Where did all that excitement come from at the mat? We haven't really seen that before from her. Anyone who screams "I love the Amazing Race" deserves to win.
rockhpi
taking a detour

Postby rockhpi on Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:27 am

Has there ever been talk of moving TARflies over to a Facebook page or anything? We've only got maybe 5 or 6 people anymore and participation's a little slow!
rockhpi
taking a detour

Postby Peter on Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:10 am

rockhpi wrote:Anyone who screams "I love the Amazing Race" deserves to win.

The only reason she was screaming out, "I love the Amazing Race" was because she didn't just sit through three days of the dating guys running up that greased pole (and slowing down the second they hit the slippery part, making the task impossible).

Unlike the audience :(.
Peter
bunched

Postby bray on Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:44 am

I appreciated the drinks on a tray task (though is there a reason it's linked to the knights of Malta?

I wondered about the significance of it, too. When Phil explained the location of the Detour cluebox, he said something about a Benedictine monastery, and I thought perhaps it was Benedictine liqueur that they'd been carrying. Not that the bottles would have had anything more expensive than water in them, of course. But anyway, I looked it up afterwards and apparently Benedictine liqueur is neither from Malta nor comes in that shaped bottle. So I've drawn a blank on that one.

The greasy pole looked fun, and also impossible. Those red flags needed to be a little closer in.

Did we even find out the name of the city they were in? Whatever it's called, it looks beautiful. Kings Landing at every turn. It's a shame they did such a shoddy job of filming the season's most spectacular task, though. I've seen the Blue Grotto looking better on faded, twenty-year-old posters in dentist waiting rooms that it looked in this episode. What a disappointment!

OK, I'm about three legs overdue for a departure from Europe. Let's get this show heading east!
bray
yielded

Return to TAR 25