TAR 25.6 "I feel like I just kissed a goat" 31.10.14

TAR 25.6 "I feel like I just kissed a goat" 31.10.14

Postby Peter on Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:46 am

Shut your eyes, when Tim and TJ are assembling the tent from the inside, and just listen to the audio. Thank you, TAR editors. That's not what I expected, coming into this episode :).
Peter
bunched

Re: TAR 25.6 "I feel like I just kissed a goat" 31.10.14

Postby Tea-time on Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:58 pm

This season really has seen the weaker teams winnowed out, pretty much in order, As much as I dislike the dentists, it's mostly the arrogant attitude that bugs me. They've shown themselves (for the most part) to be smart racers, although their sporadic lack of attention to details is bound to catch up to them, even with the Save.

So I'm pretty happy with the teams that are left, from a racing standpoint. I hesitate to pick a favourite, as that usually means that team will flounder and get eliminated.

This race does seem to be turning into a greatest hits, with fairly specific revisiting of prior locations. And has any one else had a "my ox is broken" flashback? There is definitely a scene in the previews showing an ox with a plow in a muddy field - shades of season 5! If that turns out to be a task, I'm left to wonder why this course wasn't used for the last "all star" season.
Tea-time
road blocked

Postby Peter on Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:11 am

Tea-time wrote:This race does seem to be turning into a greatest hits, with fairly specific revisiting of prior locations. And has any one else had a "my ox is broken" flashback?

Yeah, I've been thinking that as well.

I definitely caught the brief flash of Colin and Christie's broken ox in the preview (I hope the farmer managed to fix the poor thing, I mean, it's been about ten years, right), and it looked like the dentists were struggling with him. Here's hope history repeats, right?

I don't actively dislike the dentists, but yeah, it's their attitude that's really off-putting. At this point, I'm in the camp with the Cyclists and the Wrestlers (although I imagine the Surfers will be a top-three team). I want the sweet scientists to make it, but they don't seem like top-three material, you know?
Peter
bunched

Postby WalterC on Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:10 pm

No surprise that the top teams would be the dentists and surfers, but the cyclists have shown that they can go toe-to-toe with those teams. Then there is everyone else, who just seem so hapless.

Maybe Tim & Tee Jay may surprise us later on, as for them, it's more about just not finishing last in a leg. I see the wrestlers and the scientists being next on the chopping block.
WalterC
bunched

Postby bray on Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:58 pm

Favourite moment of the episode:

Brooke: "Don't make this perverted."
Goat: reaches around and drinks its own milk.

Runner up award goes to the sounds to Tim & Te Jay in the tent.

Infantile, I know. Amazing Editors, I love you guys :)
bray
yielded

Return to TAR 25