TAR 25.5 "Morocc-and Roll" 24.10.14

TAR 25.5 "Morocc-and Roll" 24.10.14

Postby Peter on Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:24 am

... in which half a dozen teams, who know full well that the aggressive dentists still have their Save pass, spend half the episode deciding not to U-turn them.
Peter
bunched

Re: TAR 25.5 "Morocc-and Roll" 24.10.14

Postby Tea-time on Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:07 pm

I can understand that teams don't want to waste a U-turn (which is likely why Nici&Shelley chose Keith&Whitney - they knew where that team was), but surely some of those earlier teams knew they had to be ahead of the dentists. It probably wouldn't have changed the elimination, however - Keith&Whitney didn't do either part of the detour particularly well.

It certainly didn't take Jim long to get back his arrogant attitude - I guess that last place check-in wasn't as humbling as it should have been.
Tea-time
road blocked

Postby Peter on Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:56 am

Tea-time wrote:It probably wouldn't have changed the elimination, however - Keith&Whitney didn't do either part of the detour particularly well.

No, it probably wouldn't have ... but gee, it would've made sense for them to at least try.
Peter
bunched

Postby rockhpi on Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:57 am

I was disappointed in the Detroit ladies for U-Turning them instead of the Dentists. And I thought the mom was overreacting to whatever went on when they got the clue. It's a difference of a few seconds getting your envelope.

Didn't the Race go to a place very similar to the goatskin place years ago? I seem to remember them dying cloth though.
rockhpi
taking a detour

Postby cooper on Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:57 pm

Good episode and I 'm enjoying this season so far. Still not crazy about the Save though and dont like the power it confers on the team who has it. It really should have been taken frm the Dentists when they were last, pre-determined non elimination leg or not. It could have been used to cancel out the speed bump and get it out of play and they would have got their bit of drama out of it. And yeah, at the U Turn, NOBODY thought it was worth a shot trying to get it out of play by uturning the Dentists there? Nobody?? Very foolish gameplay there really. I would have uturned them in a second, I dont care if I would have had to face them again in the next leg, so what, I want the Save gone to level the playing field. Wasted opportunity.
I'm enjoying Kim and Allie, Adam and Bethany, Maya and Amy and Brooke and Robbie the most I think. That said, I dont dislike The Dentists, actually, just the stupid pass they have! The only teams Im not mad about are Tom and Tejay and Shelley and Nici. But theres nothing terribly objectionable about them either, that said. Not a bad cast to be honest, probably the best theyve had in quite a few seasons.
cooper
bunched

Postby WalterC on Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:45 pm

Hard to believe that the race went back to Marrakech, considering what happened in TAR3. I guess they wanted to have another go at it, and hope nothing bad happens.

The Double U-Turn ended up being "much ado about nothin", as Keith & Whitney were already in last place, without the u-turn.
WalterC
bunched

Postby Peter on Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:52 am

WalterC wrote:Hard to believe that the race went back to Marrakech, considering what happened in TAR3.

Several other people have pointed out that this Race seems to be the best hits from a whole bunch of Races in the past, and this leg was really a direct throwback to s3. I mean, they even stopped in to the Glacier Cafe (I was quite glad to see that little restaurant is still in business).
Peter
bunched

Postby kelda_shelton on Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:35 am

Yep I do wonder if my theory about previous Seasons being the finale enf task will hold true..

remind me what happened in Marakesh the last time,, was that when the police held the firemen as they got completely lost?
kelda_shelton
bunched

Postby WalterC on Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:31 pm

Peter wrote:Several other people have pointed out that this Race seems to be the best hits from a whole bunch of Races in the past, and this leg was really a direct throwback to s3. I mean, they even stopped in to the Glacier Cafe (I was quite glad to see that little restaurant is still in business).

Yeah, that task with setting up the food stand, did somehow remind me of a similar task back in TAR3. In fact, I believe that was the only Roadblock that Flo did.

kelda_shelton wrote:remind me what happened in Marakesh the last time,, was that when the police held the firemen as they got completely lost?

Yep, that was the leg where Andre & Damon got detained when their cab driver took them to some unknown location. A scary moment, and it pretty much deflated them in the next leg.

Strange how some places remind me of past race moments, usually negative. Like Berlin, Istanbul, and Marrakech.
WalterC
bunched

Postby bray on Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:54 am

Strange how some places remind me of past race moments, usually negative. Like Berlin, Istanbul, and Marrakech.

What happened in Istanbul? Season 7 or 21? I know the Berlin incident, I know the Marakesh incident, but I can't remember anything serious happening in Istanbul.

By the way, I'm back! Got into the season late (had killer fatigue after watching TAR 24, Australia 3 and Canada 2, and needed a break). I gotta say, I'm loving it. I was pretty wary after S24, but this has been really well cast, really well edited (poor Jim may disagree) and has me casting back to all the previous seasons trying to pick the references. I totally agree with the theory that the final challenge will require racers to identify landmarks from previous seasons. Not all the teams are superfans, but I've heard more than just the two superfan teams refer to previous seasons (which is another thing I like about this cast).

So, if I was creating the final challenge, it would go something like this: racers must arrange 12 images in the order of the leg they appeared (in the current race), and also identify which previous season they appeared in. Things like the Flushing Meadows globe, the punting, sheep (could be any race!), Danish bicycles, the tanning pits, etc...

Back to this episode: loved the frantic, chaotic nature of the leg, and the edit did a great job of including all the oddballness of the street performers. Can't believe nobody but the Detroit girls thought to flush the Save - shame they were so petty in their U-Turn choice. Someone asked if there had been a vending challenge in the Marakesh plaza once before: I'm pretty sure they had to sell snails. I remember they looked delicious. No joke!

All in all, this season is reminding me a lot of Season 3 - which is brilliant! Also, I know they're going to Singapore later, so I'm hoping history doesn't repeat and eliminate my favourite team.
bray
yielded

Postby bray on Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:40 pm

What happened in Istanbul?

Oh, I think I remember. It was a pushing incident involving Paul and disGrace and one of the Italian girls, right?
bray
yielded

Postby WalterC on Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:44 pm

bray wrote:
What happened in Istanbul?

Oh, I think I remember. It was a pushing incident involving Paul and disGrace and one of the Italian girls, right?

Sorry, for the late response! Just have fallen behind and just trying to catch up on some stuff, and tried to stay off the boards as a result.

With Istanbul, it was the POW comment made by Kelly in season 7, saying how Ron quitting the military because of him becoming a POW, if I remember correctly. It may have been race fatigue, but still, a horrible thing to say.

The alleged pushing incident would have been another one, but in this case, I was just thinking about the American edition.
WalterC
bunched

Return to TAR 25