TAR 25.2 "When You Gotta Go, You Gotta Go" 03.10.2014

TAR 25.2 "When You Gotta Go, You Gotta Go" 03.10.2014

Postby Kanuck on Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:16 pm

London/Oxford

And the dentists continue to be annoying. Why does the American TAR insist on casting all these arrogant, obnoxious types? Canadian TAR has done quite fine without them...
Kanuck
dr. NObody does it better...
dr. NObody does it better...

Re: TAR 25.2 "When You Gotta Go, You Gotta Go" 03.10.2014

Postby Tea-time on Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:16 pm

The surfers really smoked this leg - it looked like they checked in before anyone else even finished the detour. The pancake flipping looked to be the easier of the two choices - even the teams that had to do it twice finished ahead of the ones at the changing of the guard.

As to the casting (even if that was a rhetorical quesiton), Kanuck, I'm guessing it's a lot easier to find arrogant obnoxious types here in the States. We seem to have a monopoly on that personality trait (unfortunately).
Tea-time
road blocked

Postby Peter on Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:41 pm

What is it with current Races and people making ill-timed toilet stops?

I was all about the Sassy Air Hostesses (and for a second, I thought their shared history in armed service would help them), but gosh, they got really hysterical towards the end (and then there was the peeing incident). Pity about Dennis and Isabelle, I was really enjoying them.

Tea-Time is right. I think the Surfers are one of the early favourites, but the Aggressive Dentists are also ahead (with the 'save' pass up their sleeves, to boot). I'm still liking the Wrestlers, and I want the Firefighters to do well (because first responders have a bad history of being on the Race) but they're not giving me much confidence so far.

I don't really have a favourite team, yet (although I do like the Sweet Scientists), but I don't dislike any, either (I mean, the Aggressive Dentists are a bit obnoxious, but even then, they're just confident).

I also totally would've done the pancaked challenge. That looked so easier (and the Surfers nailed it).

And again, the teams run right past Phil as he's talking to the camera. This is the second time in a row this has happened, so I'm beginning to think this is by design, and not by accident. Also, yay that the express pass is still in the game. I liked that too.
Peter
bunched

Postby Tea-time on Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:32 pm

Peter wrote:And again, the teams run right past Phil as he's talking to the camera. This is the second time in a row this has happened, so I'm beginning to think this is by design, and not by accident.

I had forgotten about that - I like that we get to see this interaction.
Tea-time
road blocked

Postby WalterC on Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:29 am

It is almost never a good sign when a team reveals that they are superfans of the show, as the case of 2 teams here. Both of them came in the back of the pack, with one of them eliminated. Like any trip that I have taken, no matter how well planned out or prepared you came, there will always be some curveball that will knock you off your rocker.

Can't really say that I like or hate the Southeast Asian couple since we hardly got to know them.

I'm glad to see a different team get the Express Pass, and how it was done, was almost done the same way as going for the Fast Forward. Too bad that can't happen in multiple legs.

Peter wrote:What is it with current Races and people making ill-timed toilet stops?

Seeing the episode title, I immediately thought of Tyson from the Aussie edition. I wonder if one of the flight attendants is this season's Tyson, assuming they get very far. :)
WalterC
bunched

Return to TAR 25