23.11 Amazing 'Crazy' Race 12-8-13

Re: 23.11 Amazing 'Crazy' Race 12-8-13

Postby rockhpi on Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:43 am

I agree that the totems shouldn't have had designs on them - that renders remembering the currencies moot (though it was probably much easier to put it together based on the letters if you knew them - maybe the colors were so that you wouldn't have three teams unable to finish).

I disagree that the flour-drop was luck though. There's aiming and timing involved. I DO think the ice-chipping had too much luck for a final leg task though. It should have had one clue in a LOT of ice, like in TAR5(?).
rockhpi
taking a detour

Postby Kanuck on Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:58 pm

rockhpi wrote: Amy had a sprained ankle before she went on the glacier.

I noticed that she had an ankle brace (or Tensor bandage) on and was limping a bit as they left the pitstop (I don't recall if it was in the first or second half), and that Jason was carrying both bags.

I wonder if Tim/Marie have watched the Race before - the other two teams seemed to have left their backpacks on the plane upon arriving in Juneau (it's pretty standard for teams to check their bags on that final leg, and pick them up later) yet T/M were carrying theirs the whole time.
Kanuck
dr. NObody does it better...
dr. NObody does it better...

Postby rockhpi on Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:26 pm

Maybe they were carryons, since Tim and Marie appeared to get off the plane at the same time as the others? I dunno.
rockhpi
taking a detour

Postby Rachel RSL on Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:05 pm

Apparently Tim and Marie got engaged today.
Rachel RSL
Has no patience for morons
Has no patience for morons

Postby Peter on Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:45 pm

Rachel RSL wrote:Apparently Tim and Marie got engaged today.

To each other?
Peter
bunched

Postby rockhpi on Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:50 pm

Peter wrote:To each other?

Ha!
rockhpi
taking a detour

Postby rockhpi on Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:02 pm

Reality TV World: Based upon what was shown of you guys this season, some viewers believe, Travis, you were a little hard at times on Nicole, like there was never any room for error. How do you feel about the way you came across this season and do you have any regrets? And on your end Nicole, do you think you might've struggled so much in the tasks toward the end because you felt so much pressure?

Travis Jasper: Well for me, a wise man never wishes to be younger, so I never say there is regret. Was it a learning experience? Yes. Was it kind of sobering to see myself on TV saying those words and expressions? Yes. Was that only a small part of the time we were out there? Most definitely.

So I know that the majority of the time, I wasn't frustrated and I wasn't talking to Nicole about tasks and being upset. You notice that other than one leg, whenever we got to the [Pit Stop] and by the time we got to the finish line, I let it go and I'm smiling at pretty much every finish line and just happy to be moving on. So, you know, regrets? I don't call them regrets -- opportunities and learning moments, yes
rockhpi
taking a detour

Previous

Return to TAR 23