16.11 - They Don't Even Understand Their Own Language

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

16.11 - They Don't Even Understand Their Own Language

Postby miri on Sun May 02, 2010 7:56 pm

Discuss
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Re: 16.11 - They Don't Even Understand Their Own Language

Postby Kanuck on Sun May 02, 2010 8:29 pm

Yay, the cowboys are through to the final! If they win I dearly hope Phil presents them with belt buckles as requested, that'd be awesome.

Dan/Jordan seemed to be hit badly by KF this leg. Sitting within sight of the starting mat for 2 1/2 hours waiting for the next team because the bridge is not nearby? Surely, surely, in that time they could have walked to a more-populated area and found someone to help!
Kanuck
dr. NObody does it better...
dr. NObody does it better...

Postby lucinator on Mon May 03, 2010 1:18 am

I really liked how Brent appreciated the religious practices at the temple - it was such a contrast to Blake's condescending prayer in season 2. Caite still bugs though.
lucinator
official TARfly hugger & modest goddess
official TARfly hugger & modest goddess

Postby njlady30 on Mon May 03, 2010 6:33 am

Usually Caite doesn't bother me but when she wouldn't let Brent go to the bathroom I wanted to scream at her. Good show though I thought the extra task the detectives had to do was too easy and too close to the next task.
njlady30
at the start line

Postby AndreaInNC on Mon May 03, 2010 8:25 am

I was surprised nobody went for the other detour. It surely had to be less time consuming than looking for the needle in the haystack task. I don't get the part about sticking with the team in front of you so you can see when they leave?

And Dan and Jordan waiting for the cops? I was screaming at my TV - WTF!! Find a hotel, they should have at least 1 person who speaks English working there! I can't believe they waited 2 hours for them. And wow .. have we ever seen a taxi meltdown like that before?

wow .. the cops got off lucky at the speed bump. They didn't have to really leave the area and it must have taken them all of 10 minutes.

Yipee! My cowboys are in the final 3!
AndreaInNC
taking a detour

Postby M. Darcy on Mon May 03, 2010 8:45 am

I don't think the brothers waited the entire time for the cops. They walked around confused for 2 hours and then waited about 30 minutes for the cops. They were stupid (in two hours no one could help them? Go back to the hotel where you stayed and ask) but didn't spend the entire time just waiting.
M. Darcy
philpostle

Postby Rachel RSL on Mon May 03, 2010 8:49 am

And Dan and Jordan waiting for the cops? I was screaming at my TV - WTF!! Find a hotel, they should have at least 1 person who speaks English working there! I can't believe they waited 2 hours for them.

I can't believe they didn't just hop in a cab and go somewhere to get information...a hotel, a coffee shop, anywhere! That being said, did they really wait around for two whole hours? I was kind of under the impression that they wandered around aimlessly for a long time and then figured that since it was close to the Detectives' start time, they'd be smart to go back and just stick to them, knowing they had a (LAME ASS) Speed Bump where they could get ahead. Which, really, if you're that screwed, it's not a bad strategy.

Yeah, what M. Darcy said!
Rachel RSL
Has no patience for morons
Has no patience for morons

Postby grubsneerg on Mon May 03, 2010 8:54 am

Though I wasn't screaming at the TV, I did wonder why Dan and Jordan didn't just find a hotel and ask the concierge where the Garden Bridge was. If the Chas taught us anything, it is that concierges are your friends.

I thought the speedbump was waaaaayyyy too easy and too close, too. I almost wish that would have come back and bit the brothers in the behind since they were so sure the speedbump would allow them to pull away from the cops.

There have been plenty of taxi meltdowns in TAR history, but none quite like that one!
grubsneerg
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby OneAnne on Mon May 03, 2010 10:24 am

Although Caite may have proven she isn't dumb, she hasn't exactly shown herself in a positive manner, so I don't know if she improved her image or not. Brent was strangely calm waiting for her to complete the counting task, but why didn't he go to the bathroom while he was waiting for her... surely there must have been a lavatory close enough to have been 'legal'?

The Brothers really had a melt down, for pretty much the entire episode...hopefully they pull it together and have a better last leg - although I'm totally rooting for the Cowboys.
OneAnne
bunched

Postby AndreaInNC on Mon May 03, 2010 1:53 pm

If you don't want to be spoiled on the TAR ending city - DO NOT WATCH ELIMINATION STATION THIS WEEK!!!

But finally Joe knows why he Y-turned. But he still won't let it go.
AndreaInNC
taking a detour

Postby kelda_shelton on Mon May 03, 2010 3:03 pm

Ugh Joe was Ugly in the Elinmination station - its all about him. Good on Jeff for saying something.

Re: the epsiode. I was shouting GOOGLE at the tv screen when noone coud get the garden bridge.. then one of the girls that Brent & Caite asked did just that. I

actually put garden bridge shanghai into google to check how easy it was to find and the first hit was the translation... easypeasy. Also I wrote garden bridge into google and it automatically added shanghai as a suggestion.

re: the toilet thing.. yah wat was all that about Caite.. can you imagine her squeals if it was the oher way round?! Loved the cowboy comment inserts while that was going on!

And from smallest man to tallest man. Like the connections TAR!
kelda_shelton
bunched

Postby grubsneerg on Tue May 04, 2010 5:36 pm

kelda_shelton wrote:And from smallest man to tallest man. Like the connections TAR!

I was glad to see there was no need to dedicate the episode to the tallest man!
grubsneerg
eating, sleeping & mingling

Return to Past Seasons