16.10 - I Feel Like I'm In, Like, Sicily

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

16.10 - I Feel Like I'm In, Like, Sicily

Postby miri on Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:53 pm

Discuss
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Re: 16.10 - I Feel Like I'm In, Like, Sicily

Postby grubsneerg on Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:21 pm

Aaaaaagh!!! Stupid nonelimination!
grubsneerg
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby rredd on Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:43 pm

AR16: putting the real in reality ... two areas they shot at have since had earthquakes and Pingping died in March.
rredd
the world is waiting

Postby buckybacker on Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:00 am

Liked the double Road Block.

Ironically, in the Chefs vs. City (a one town race-like show on Food Network) episode tonight, one of the challenges was making four servings of Chinese noodles by hand. Same technique and everything.

ETA: corrected to double Road Block.
Last edited by buckybacker on Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
buckybacker
bunched

Postby Rachel RSL on Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:56 am

Fun episode but hard to get excited about it since it was obvious that it was a non-elimination leg. Still, LOVE the idea of a double Roadblock! And big props to the wind for amusing the hell out of me!
Rachel RSL
Has no patience for morons

Postby buckybacker on Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:03 am

With the addition of the Speed Bump, the traditional NEL in or prior to the finale isn't really feasible. I agree that figuring that a NEL is coming makes it less fun.

Once again, duct tape would have proved useful with the wind but the backpacks and chairs seemed to do just find. I'm also going to put rubber gloves on the list so when I have to make noodles in cold weather, my hands can stay warm.
buckybacker
bunched

Postby AndreaInNC on Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:20 am

I know it ended up being a non-elim leg - but did anyone notice the cops didn't take the clue before they went into the building before the fashion challenge?

Yeah - cowboys are back on top!!
AndreaInNC
taking a detour

Postby lucinator on Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:33 am

AndreaInNC wrote:I know it ended up being a non-elim leg - but did anyone notice the cops didn't take the clue before they went into the building before the fashion challenge?

I thought the cops got the clue earlier, before they went wandering around the neighborhood looking for the fashion warehouse, not realizing that it was right next to the clue box.
lucinator
official TARfly hugger & modest goddess
official TARfly hugger & modest goddess

Postby OneAnne on Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:53 am

I too loved the double Road Block - and for some reason I totally missed that it would be non-elim, so I was surprized when Phil said "you're out...".

The Cowboys were full of cowboy wisdom this episode - loved the way they approached the fashion task and the response to the wind... both the looking around for things to put on the puzzle pieces to hold them down and the comment on Brent's behaviour. I didn't ever dis-like the Cops, but the past few episodes I've liked them more and more, as they've voiced self-depricating humor for their foibles. I'd love to see final three of The Cowboys, The Cops and The Brothers.
OneAnne
bunched

Postby Rachel RSL on Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:07 am

Until the little cop is cleared of all the drug allegations, I just can't bring myself to root for them. I know that's unfair and "innocent until proven guilty" and all that jazz but I just can't bring myself to root for someone who may be a crooked cop.

Favourite line of the night? "He would scare you to death if he popped out of your trash can!" So politically incorrect but so damned hilarious! (And true!)
Rachel RSL

Postby AndreaInNC on Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:11 am

lucinator wrote:I thought the cops got the clue earlier, before they went wandering around the neighborhood looking for the fashion warehouse, not realizing that it was right next to the clue box.

Thanks Lucy! I must have missed that. The entire episode was pre-empted in my area last night because of stupid weather! ugh.

I had to watch it this morning while I am at work .. and I must have actually doing some work while that part was on! lol
AndreaInNC
taking a detour

Postby Tea-time on Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:18 am

I thought it was so sweet when Dan comforted Jordan at the noodle task - and it seemed to help Jordan settle down and finish the task.

Was anyone else surprised when Jet mentioned being married? I don't recall any talk from either of them before about who might be waiting at home.

And it seems like there really isn't at mingling at pit stops any more - the discussion at the airport about the U-Turn isn't the first time at the start of a leg that some teams didn't know what happened at the end of the prior leg.
Tea-time
road blocked

Postby evening on Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:24 am

Zhujaijiao looked gorgeous! A trip to China is in my future and I wrote the name down. These hand pulled noodles looked a lot easier than the ones in the previous season, where I can remember Tian and Jeree (Sheree?) bouncing up and down on the bamboo pole (no double entendre intended!)
evening
road blocked

Postby whereverthefk on Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:33 am

And big props to the wind for amusing the hell out of me!

Right there with you, Rachel. Wind FTW!!!

Totally realized this would either be a NEL or TBC right before the epi started (What can I say? I am sometimes a little slow. Also: Doug and Mr. Doug fed me A LOT of wine on Saturday night.), but still enjoyed it, esp for (i) the continued and awesome Cowboy Cha-ness on display and (ii) the juxtaposition of the supportive Bros and the picky, critical and generally unpleasant Team And Such As. Really REALLY am getting sick of them being on my TV. Which, of course means that they will undoubtedly be in the final 3 (no spoilers -- I'm spoiler-free).

I will now spend the next week worrying about the 4th Place Curse...
whereverthefk
TARfly

Postby rockhpi on Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:07 pm

Yeah, I don't even like verbally associating the cowboys with the Chas, I'm so afraid of 4th place curse! :)
rockhpi
taking a detour

Next

Return to Past Seasons