16.4 - We Are No Longer in the Bible Belt

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

16.4 - We Are No Longer in the Bible Belt

Postby miri on Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:49 pm

discuss
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Re: 16.4 - We Are No Longer in the Bible Belt

Postby M. Darcy on Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:08 am

I'm glad that Jeff and Jordon live to stay another day.

But I still can't believe they made them drink that much beer - what if you had a team that just couldn't or won't drink alcohol. You guys have seen me at Tarcon - I would have been unconscious if I had to injest that much alcohol.
M. Darcy
philpostle

Postby Rachel RSL on Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:40 am

I was thinking that same thing. If I take just a few sips of alcohol, it can trigger a migraine. If I had to drink that whole boot, I think I may literally die!

So glad it was a non-elimination! I couldn't stand the thought of Jordan and Jeff going out before Caieieiete and her android boyfriend. And I like that there was no messing around with the Detour. The way they bolted immediately after not finishing the sauerkraut in time showed that they had obviously planned ahead not to waste any time on re-doing the task if they knew it would be too difficult for them to finish.

LOVE the cowboys!! HIS HAT STAYED ON!!! WTF?!
Rachel RSL
Has no patience for morons
Has no patience for morons

Postby M. Darcy on Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:53 am

I couldn't stand the thought of Jordan and Jeff going out before Caieieiete and her android boyfriend
Aw, the poor thing actually had to throw up from the beer.
M. Darcy
philpostle

Postby macaddict on Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:02 am

I wondered if the producers set up the Boot Beer Bar challenge as a way to prepare the racers for TARCon. Too much noise, too much drinking, people throwing up in the street and then going back inside to drink some more...
macaddict
road blocked

Postby Kanuck on Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:25 am

The cowboys have the best one-liners, don't they? T

J&J didn't seem terribly surprised that it was a NEL, and most of the others didn't seem too concerned about their placement, so I'm curious if everyone figured out it was a NEL after the Intersection. It's a good thing that the flights were all close together, and that there were 2 teams per flight, because it would really suck to be the only team on a flight and have to sit there for hours waiting!

I was rather surprised that they forced them to drink that much alcohol - that looked like at least 2 litres, which would be the equivalent of, what, 6 or more bottles? I understand doing things that are cultural (and Germany is, of course, all about the beer), but I'm not entirely sure that making teams drunk (and then hungover the next day) is really what I want to see on the Race.
Kanuck
dr. NObody does it better...

Postby rockhpi on Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:37 am

I think this season is getting better every episode. The cowboys are still entertaining, the tasks are improving. I called the non-elim, and I'm not sure why but I was glad Jordan and Jeff weren't eliminated -they're just sort of genial and dopey. Next week promises Fokker Dreideckers (awesome) and a blind U-Turn (not so awesome).

I'm not really caring for the lesbians. I'm liking the father/daughter better now that they're getting more than 1.4 seconds of airtime per episode.
rockhpi
taking a detour

Postby rockhpi on Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:39 am

it would really suck to be the only team on a flight and have to sit there for hours waiting!

I speculated that if you had one team on a plane to Hawaii or something they might have just made that task a regular roadblock (or regular task, since two people did it).
rockhpi
taking a detour

Postby Kanuck on Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:46 am

But they can't change a task mid-leg (except for weather/disasters/etc) unless they want to be sued under the game show laws.
Kanuck

Postby AndreaInNC on Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:04 am

I was kinda surprised they didn't try and share the beer with the bar patrons! The lack of the rules of the clue didn't say who you had to share it with. Cause that's what I would have done. And yes - it is seriously prepping them for TARCon!

Also surprised the teams that took taxis back from the bungee jumping. I know it said you had to take the metro to get there - but I guess it didn't mention having to take it to get back.

Love the one liners from the cowboys! And glad to see J&J survive another week. They are entertaining.

And Caite got a bump up on my respect meter after going that soccer challenge and not whining about how much it hurt - okay not whining too bad I mean.
AndreaInNC
taking a detour

Postby Tea-time on Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:56 am

AndreaInNC wrote:And Caite got a bump up on my respect meter after going that soccer challenge and not whining about how much it hurt - okay not whining too bad I mean.

And I was thinking that she was whining a lot - especially after bragging about how easy this would be because she'd played soccer a lot.
Tea-time
road blocked

Postby AndreaInNC on Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:18 pm

living with 2 teens, I guess my level of whining is a little different. lol

She kept with it though and didn't give up and say - let's go do the other challenge.
AndreaInNC
taking a detour

Postby AndreaInNC on Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:27 pm

and I was so proud of my 18 year old tonight when she came in for the tail end of this ep and knew where they were! When she saw the Beatles she said are they in Liverpool? I said no, she then said - they must be in Hamburg! wow

And was anyone else bothered that Caite was forced to do a drinking task when she's not considered legal drinking age in her home country?
AndreaInNC
taking a detour

Postby evening on Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:59 pm

Andrea - I was wondering that too - was there more to the clue than we heard? Otherwise, I would have offered the beer to some of the patrons before I started drinking. No way would I or anyone I would partner with on the race be able to drink that much beer (but I would have wolfed down the sauerkraut like the cop!). Then again, I bet my coworker Monica who says we should do the race together could drink some beer! I get trashed on one.

I am so glad Jeff and Jordan survived. Kept thinking - episode 4? maybe its time for an NEL. Glad my gut was right! They had some bad cab luck.

Is Oklahoma a dry state? I would think Cowboys would knock back a few after a rodeo, but I guess that's provincialness on my part.

Interesting how they all ended up on such different flights, but we werent treated to any booking drama. Did they all have to use that travel agent we saw the Cowboys use?

It was cute how the Lesbians and Brothers are bonding. It was driving me crazy who grey Lesbian (Carol?) reminds me of in her glasses - then it hit me - Bourdain!
evening
road blocked

Postby grubsneerg on Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:20 pm

I do not like the Intersection. At. All.

I'm actually happy for Louie and Michael and their first place win. How great to go from last to first and not mess up or succumb to stupidity.

I liked seeing more of Steve and Allison, too. They worked together really well this leg.
grubsneerg
eating, sleeping & mingling

Next

Return to Past Seasons