16.2 - When the Cow Kicked Me in the Head

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

16.2 - When the Cow Kicked Me in the Head

Postby Kanuck on Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:53 pm

Discuss.
Kanuck
dr. NObody does it better...
dr. NObody does it better...

Re: 16.2 - When the Cow Kicked Me in the Head

Postby lucinator on Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:15 am

Oh my gravy, the cowboys were cute with their conniving! They ran a great leg.
lucinator
official TARfly hugger & modest goddess
official TARfly hugger & modest goddess

Postby sympatico73 on Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:29 am

The cowboys really, really impressed me now - and so far being the 'lone ranger' seems to work for them. Dunno why but they remind me of the smart and likeable Clowns from seasons past.

And just when I was giving a chance to the Power Lesbians (I was kinda hoping they'll show me that they're more than the team people love to hate) - the next previews tell me that they're more conniving than I thought (which probably explains why the cowboys felt that way - they're conniving too - tho they kept to themselves) and being like that in the beginning of the show is never good. Heck, going at each other's throat at this stage of the race is way not good and kinda turns me off. Monique & Shawna are suddenly looking more appealling to me, and not just because of some feeling of deja-vu.

Sad for the grandma-grandaughter tho, as they seem so nice and cute. But perhaps too nice and cute...and slow.

The models can go home anytime as far as I'm concerned. I mean, seriously, what a boring pair. More boring than the married couple whom the Power Lesbians aligned themselves with (and I can't even remember the name of that married couple).

Speaking of boring - that roadblock was. But beautiful locations though.
sympatico73
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby PhilG on Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:11 am

I suspect something happened we didn't see--why did Phil tell the cops "you're the 9th team to arrive" rather than "you're team # 9."

Usually the "Nth team to arrive" is followed by a "However..." and some kind of time penalty.
PhilG
road blocked

Postby M. Darcy on Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:38 am

So, were the undercover cops good cops? Because they seemed very clueless to me.

Aw, I liked the grandmother/granddaughter team. And, I liked the roadblock - though, that one cow was such a famewhore. She made that roadblock all about her. Or, they just showed the same clip of her mooing over and over and over.
M. Darcy
philpostle

Postby Babalu on Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:20 am

M. Darcy wrote:So, were the undercover cops good cops? Because they seemed very clueless to me.

I know! I was saying, "If they go into private business and if I ever need a detective, remind me not to hire them." I like them okay, but I don't think they're long for the race.

I'm really glad that Jody/Shannon got eliminated. Every other post I've seen about them said it's sad they went or else it's fine because they were so slow but still sad. I'm not sad at all - I couldn't stand Nanna. Does that mean I've completed my bitch-in-training mode?

Go, cowboys! And go, Jordan and Jeff (never saw them on BB but they are pretty adorable). I feel indifference or mild dislike to the other teams so far.
Babalu
gal friday & chief lei person

Postby macaddict on Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:35 am

I'm really liking the cowboys. They're the only ones who really worked at it this leg. I'll be curious to see how far ahead they were. Everyone else just seems interested in staying with the pack.
And the whole line-gate thing with Carol and Brandy/Joe and Heidi was just stupid. It didn't gain them much of an advantage and whatever advantage they had evaporated when the cowboys did the extra work. All they did was exposed themselves as jerks and piss off every other team. Not good. And was I the only one silently shouting "Respect the integrity of the line!" at the TV?
macaddict
road blocked

Postby whereverthefk on Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:24 am

I couldn't stand Nanna.

This is officially my Line of the Day. HA, babalu!! We have trained you well!! :)

I really want to like the LAsbians, because I like the fact that they cast short-haired lesbians who like to wear makeup and shop -- undercutting the "there are only 2 types of lesbians" cliches. They're just not that......likeable so far, though. I'm still gonna hope.

I do, however, dig Team "I Love You, Bro!". More specifically, I dig the headband-loving homo and I love the combination of exhaustion and gay panic he brings out in his bro. I could watch them for HOURS.
whereverthefk
TARfly

Postby macaddict on Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:39 am

I think I might have liked Dan and Jordan if they were better racers. But they're definitely back of the pack, and this season that's saying something.
macaddict
road blocked

Postby whereverthefk on Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:50 am

But they're definitely back of the pack, and this season that's saying something.

Like, such as, whatever could you mean, Mac? ;)

Fair enough. I think I'm just going to have to enjoy them for the next episode or two, then hope they film Sequesterville again.
whereverthefk
TARfly

Postby macaddict on Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:02 pm

My favorite is the detectives -- clue-spotting professionals -- who drive right by the very large sign that basically says "turn here, dummies."
macaddict
road blocked

Postby rredd on Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:29 pm

hahahhahahahaaaaaa macaddict ... I couldn't agree more. Watching the look of confusion on their faces was priceless. Poor guys!
rredd
the world is waiting

Postby rockhpi on Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:51 pm

Big points for self-driving and tasks where the locals can watch and laugh. Overall, the tasks were a little lackluster (the condor thing was just goofy). The visuals were nice and at least this leg didn't take place in downtown Metropolis. Country air is good for the Race! I was a little creeped out with Nanna and her weirdly calm overenunciation-wasn't sorry they left even though they seemed nice. Hoping for the mompreneurs next.
rockhpi
taking a detour

Postby cooper on Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:31 pm

Kind of a dull episode but still enjoyable. Chile looks fantastic.
The challenges were all mediocre but the self-driving and the bus transportation made for interesting viewing.

Love the Cowboys, loved how they handled the bus incident by not letting on. I'm getting a bit of a Jon and Al vibe off them too.

Who else? I don't mind Jeff and Jordan or Brent and Caite. Being in Ireland I know nothing about any of these people, which seems like a plus based on other peoples comments. Never heard about all that 'such as' business with Caite so I don't have any preconceptions about the girl. She seems perfectly nice to me.

I see some people complaining about her being cast on the show, and people wondering why the producers would be so stupid as to cast her... Well, clearly because her presence is going to be a source of interest to media outlets and it is going to get the Race more media coverage from sources that it otherwise might not. Obviously we all want the Race to continue for many more years to come, but to do that it has to keep the ratings up, or improve on them, and to do THAT they have to have the occasional 'gimmick' or selling point to attract attention. With that in mind, I don't have a problem if every season has one or two teams that help them do that. I'm sure, for example, Joel Mc Hale on the Soup is going to milk every thing he can from it. The Amazing Race doesn't tend to feature on the Soup all that much, because there's very seldom any 'stupid things' in it that he can make fun of, just the odd bit here or there. So if Caite can provide a few more ...more power to her!

Dan and Jordan are fun but a bit too slow I think, can't seem them lasting long.

Carol and Brandy - they're ok but not setting my world on fire at the moment.

Same goes for Joe and Heidi, these guys are pretty bland so far but that could just be because they end up going far? In early episodes don't they tend to focus more on the teams that go out early, to get the most screentime out of them?

The detective are ridiculous. Couldn't believe it when they drove past the sign that said exactly what they were looking for. Cops my ass!

Which leaves Steve and Allie - really haven't seen anything of these two yet so have no opinion - and Monique and Shawne who are nice enough and are slowly growing on me.

Was happy grandma and grand-daughter went out in this ep, as they were going to go out pretty early anyway, better to get it out of the way fast and leave more screen-time for the teams who actually have a chance to go far.

All in all, bit of a slow start so far this season but at least they didn't repeat the Starting Line elimination and they have got off to a good start with the self-driving -- so I'm happy!
cooper
bunched

Postby PhilG on Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:23 pm

cooper wrote:
Which leaves Steve and Allie - really haven't seen anything of these two yet so have no opinion

Weren't Steve and Allie the team that painted the wrong house?
PhilG
road blocked

Next

Return to Past Seasons