15.10 - It Starts with an "F," That's All I'm Saying

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

15.10 - It Starts with an "F," That's All I'm Saying

Postby miri on Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:54 pm

Discuss
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Re: 15.10 - It Starts with an "F," That's All I'm Saying

Postby rockhpi on Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:11 pm

Cooper, we jinxed them!!! No, no no. Let me say, I'm enraged that Sam-or-Dan-I-Don't-Care took Big Easy's help but didn't come through on his part of the bargain, amazed that neither of them could make "Franz" out of those 5 letters, and irritated that-knowing F is the first letter-Big Easy couldn't try the 24 combinations of four letters that remained. Mind-boggling.

I know they have fans here, but the brothers winning will be for me on the scale of Flo or Kendra. Fighting, whining, thinking "Middle East" is a country and countless other elementary-school mistakes - I just don't like them and now the finale will be rooting against them instead of rooting for anyone. I guess I'll pick Meghan & Cheyne because they seem to be the best racers. But Brian & Ericka would be sort of a good come-from-behind story.
rockhpi
taking a detour

Postby rockhpi on Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:42 pm

Once again, no one asked, but the scores for each of the final three if they win (teams beaten/teams possible to beat):

Meghan & Cheyne: 83% - (Best winners ever, 2nd best score after Eric & Jeremy)
Sam & Dan : 65% - (7th best winners, between the Linzes and Zach/Flo)
Brian & Ericka: 49% -(Only better than Freddy/Kendra)
rockhpi
taking a detour

Postby grubsneerg on Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:21 pm

Aaaarrrrgghhhh! Take the four-hour penalty? REALLY? It would take Big Easy MORE than four hours to come up with every combination of F-R-A-N-Z? When he SAID those letters IN that order when the awful brother asked him what letters he heard? Aaaarrrrgghhhh!

I'm definitely rooting against Sam and Dan in the final episode. I wouldn't mind if Megan and Cheyne or Brian and Ericka won. Which means Sam and Dan probably will.
grubsneerg
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby kelda_shelton on Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:01 am

I can't belive they made Brian & Erica drink absinth for the speed bump - that stuff is like having about 6 shots! Then they had to do that hard roadblock, balance stuff and go in the cold! Drunk!!!

I loved the drunk actors but loved the real drunks even more - hahahahah! did you hear someone slagging off Erika? Saying.. look at taht real american attitude ... and she was like DAMN STRAIGHT! GET OUTTA MY WAY!! Hah!

I also cannot believe Big Easy couldn't do the roadblock... what the hell? Write down the options and do them all in tun its not hard.. especially since he had the first letter - 24 options would have taken LESS thatn hours. I have to say I dont blame Dan for not telling Big Easy.. he had worked with him straight away when he had got there first, and told him which ones were wrong beforehand just as big easy had. And he gvae him the first letter. Its not like he left him totoally high and dry.

And I dont believe Big Easy wouldn' have done the same thing.. remember the Mika incident? He knows how to play the game.

Looks like an exciting finale!!
kelda_shelton
bunched

Postby sympatico73 on Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:23 am

I cannot freaking believe IT!!!!!!

Ok, I need to reboot myself...
sympatico73

Postby yikes on Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:40 am

What bothered me more: that the GTs gave up that easily due to a 5 letter word, or they decide to take the penalty when they were already running LAST? It's a toss up. A stupid one at that.
yikes
fast forwarding

Postby PhilG on Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:28 am

grubsneerg wrote: It would take Big Easy MORE than four hours to come up with every combination of F-R-A-N-Z? When he SAID those letters IN that order when the awful brother asked him what letters he heard?

I went back and replayed that a couple times, and I'm 98% certain he said F-A-R-N-Z.
PhilG
road blocked

Postby whereverthefk on Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:50 am

I'm definitely rooting against Sam and Dan in the final episode. I wouldn't mind if Megan and Cheyne or Brian and Ericka won. Which means Sam and Dan probably will.

Exactly. Dang it! That's why I'll just be rooting for gin (again) this finale.

I've been mildly anti-Brothers for a while now -- they (esp Dan) just seem a little uncomfortable-makingly desperate to me and willing to do things (ie, anything) that just aren't how the Race is run -- but I became firmly so when they stole BRI-AN! and Ericka's cab last episode. Added to Dan's non-stop yelling the whole race, that just did it for me. And then last night's complete bullshit behavior?? Means they are dead to me *New Evil Willow Face from HIMYM* Seriously, there is absolutely no need or reason to team up with anyone at this point, but if I recall correctly, DAN was the one who proposed working together to Big Easy!! Then he obviously thought better of it while they were each going through the combinations and (as he later said to Sam) and changed his mind. But you bet your ASS if Big Easy had gotten it first, Dan would have expected Big Easy to give him the WHOLE WORD!!! Grrrrrrrrr.

(Oh, and I also can't believe the Czech Rabbis let them get away with a statue with ONE ARM HANGING OFF. So very lame. Whither the standards, rabbis??)

All that being said, I still can't believe the Globetrotters took the 4 hour penalty. For a 5-letter word. When they knew the first letter. ARGH! Worst defeat by Killer Fatigue ever? Maybe.
whereverthefk
TARfly

Postby Rachel RSL on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:07 am

I don't have a problem with what the brothers did. I hate that they did it to the Globetrotters but, on principal, I don't have a problem with it. RAAAAAACE!

Sadly, I officially don't care who wins now. Meghan and Cheyne winning would be so anti-climactic. And I really don't care if the brothers win. I don't find them as hateful as most people do. Maybe Brian and Erika can win so her mom will forgive her for marrying a white dude.
Rachel RSL
Has no patience for morons
Has no patience for morons

Postby sympatico73 on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:14 am

I was thrilled when Brian managed to get it right on the five letter word but when Big Easy decided to throw in the towel, I was like "what the--" Actually the title for this thread really sums it up! I mean, I get that Big Easy maybe hates the thinking challenge which involves combination of words (and numbers too, I recall) but what was he thinking?! Only Rob of Amber can pull something like that off. Poor Flight Time, the look on his face said it all. By that time, I already knew they were out. The worse part was that it was not an impossible mission, and Big Easy was sooooo close! Hate to say this, but I think it must have been fear to not want to go through with it. Just like Mika. What a karma!

On the other hand, hooray for Brian & Ericka!! They may not be perfect and superfast like Meghan & Cheyne, but I'd like them to win. They're a perfectly flawed mix and match of a couple that's unique and hilarious at the same time and like fire and water. Ericka's comeback to the drunken remark was hilarious and it's good to see Brian trying out something he'd never done before - absinthe no less. But as racers, they still had to bring it especially with couple like Meghan & Cheyne, who seems to show no sign of defeat. I mean, Meghan is so capable she's downright frightening.

But what's more frightening for me now is the prospect of the gay brothers winning. I won't fault them for not helping Big Easy out (because it's a race) but I guess like what Big Easy said: You are who you are. Evil villian? Hardly. Just ugly. And screwing people over after agreeing to work together makes you uglier. And the thing is, I'm feeling the ugly, ugly BJ & Tyler deja vu again. And this time, I want them to win so they'll lose. Seriously.
Last edited by sympatico73 on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
sympatico73

Postby PepeNY on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:15 am

Rachel RSL wrote:Maybe Brian and Erika can win so her mom will forgive her for marrying a white dude.

Ha! You just made me choke on my Starbucks!
PepeNY
gal friday & official burro spotter

Postby PhilG on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:39 am

When the Globies were sitting out there, at one point Flight Time picked up the clue--I really expected him to look at it for about 3 second, then turn to BE and say "did you try Franz?"
PhilG
road blocked

Postby sympatico73 on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:48 am

Brian's so funny and supportive in this episode, there's no way anyone would not love the guy already! I just love it when he said to the Kafkan twosome "You guys are so mean with the stamping" and kudos for good partner management.

And clever of AR to make the roadblock in the early hours of the morning. I mean, bringing drinks through the street when drunkards rule the hour.
sympatico73

Postby whereverthefk on Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:36 am

Maybe Brian and Erika can win so her mom will forgive her for marrying a white dude.

BWAH!! Having a particular interest in such matters, this completely (a) made me snarf my green tea and start choking like a lunatic; and (b) converted me to a Team America convert.

GOOOOO, BRI-AN!!! AND ERICKA!!!

(I do like Meghan, though -- she's quietly become a pretty dang awesome racer. Too bad Scheaieynnee bugs.)
whereverthefk
TARfly

Next

Return to Past Seasons