15.9 - We're Not Working with Anybody, Ever, Anymore!

Relive the glories of TARs 1 through 21 here.

15.9 - We're Not Working with Anybody, Ever, Anymore!

Postby miri on Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:24 pm

Discuss
miri
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic
neurotic compulsive insomniac chocoholic

Re: 15.9 - We're Not Working with Anybody, Ever, Anymore!

Postby njlady30 on Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:13 am

I thought the brothers were ugly taking the taxi that Ericka and Brian had asked to stay for them. I was yelling at the tv for Brian to run down and tell the taxi driver that they were paying for it but I guess he had to stay with Ericka until she was finished.
njlady30
at the start line

Postby Loraxe on Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:24 am

I am kind of sad that they managed to make such a boring episode in such an awesome city.
Loraxe
fast forwarding

Postby sympatico73 on Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:40 am

Why oh why did Brian & Ericka need to use the bus? Not a good move, Brian. Seriously, it hurts me that they cannot be a little bit more agressive like Meghan and Cheyne.

Glad for the non-elimination, but judging from the next episode preview, the frustration (may) continue. If Brian & Ericka can get the brothers out of the freaking race, I would not mind if they don't win the race at all. Now, if they pull a TK and Rachel...

All in all, not an episode for me to cheer about. I do get a good satisfying laugh when Don Giovani laugh and said...No. Good rid!
sympatico73
eating, sleeping & mingling

Postby Chappie on Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:54 am

It did make me wonder - When the brother's took the taxi, did the taxi driver just forgo the amount on the meter that had to have accrewed while he was waiting for Brian and Erika, or did the brother's have to pay it?

Silly cabby.
Chappie
at the start line

Postby Tea-time on Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:23 am

For all her talk about "game on," Ericka gets distracted easily. When the brothers were talking to the cab driver at the detour, she kept stopping on the rope crossing to chime in. And then her searching at the theater looked pretty low key, especially after the Globetrotters found the miniature instrument.

And seriously, the brothers thought Prague was a country where people speak Spanish?
Tea-time
road blocked

Postby Bart Ender on Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:37 am

I am kind of sad that they managed to make such a boring episode in such an awesome city.

I completely agree.

I'm also kind of sad that teams I liked early on are getting on my nerves. I don't have Freddy/Kendra hate for any of the teams, but no Kris/Jon love either. I'm now pulling for the Globetrotters.
Bart Ender
fast forwarding

Postby rockhpi on Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:16 pm

Brian and Ericka apparently got a tip from a local that said the tram was faster...can't blame them for trying to get an edge. But Ericka does need to pick it up...she seems lethargic at times. LOVED Don Giovanni: "HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA... NO!" I should have guessed the non-elim but didn't catch on until Phil wasn't telling people "You are one of the final three teams". I'm rooting for the globetrotters but anyone except the brothers will be OK with me. I could see both sides of the Meghan/Cheyne fight, but I was with him a little more. It is the end of the Race and it's starting to be an every-team-for-themselves situation. She wasn't necessarily wrong but she pushed her point too far. But she made me love her a little when she said "Come on! We're on the Amazing Race!"
rockhpi
taking a detour

Postby evening on Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:40 pm

I dont get why Flight Time was allowed to go down the stairs of the ladder when Big Easy was still finishing the ropes challenge. Dont they have to stay together? Within a certain amount of feet of each other? I thought that was why Brian couldnt descend to deal with the cab - he had to wait for his partner.

What would have happened if Erika/Brian had left their luggage in that cab?

The "Cheyne, Cheyne" would have driven me crazy too. What was the point of that?

The Globetrotters are my favorite team now too...

All in all, Im not loving the show anymore. I used to DVR and watch every episode a 2nd time later in the week.... Last night, I just hit "delete." The past few weeks I find myself paying less and less attention! When I went back to watch the previous episode, I dont know how I missed all that blurring of the brother's crotches! TAR is rubbing against the side of the shark IMO....
evening
road blocked

Postby PhilG on Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:45 pm

I assume if their luggage was in the cab, (a) the driver would have taken it out before leaving, or (b) the driver would have refused the brothers.

(a) being far more ikely than (b).
PhilG
road blocked

Postby curse reversed on Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:05 pm

Or (c) the brothers would have gotten a penalty (if not disqualified fro9m the race). That happened one season when teams had to self-drive to the Detour followed by the pitstop. The cars were identical and one team took the wrong one. They realized it before reaching the pitstop and went back but were given a 30 minute penalty anyway (allowing the other team to depart on the next leg before them). This is also why I personally think that, while Sam/Dan probably should have at least asked the cabbie to call B/E another cab, unless either you or your belongiongs are inside it is not "your" cab.

evening wrote:I dont get why Flight Time was allowed to go down the stairs of the ladder when Big Easy was still finishing the ropes challenge

I was wondering the same thing-and I'm rooting for the GT's, though Meghan/Cheyne are my next favorite (hope I didn't just guarantee that one of them goes home next week).

One thing that's really annoying me this season is when one person is doing the RB (or in this case finishing the Detour) and his/her teammate says "So-and-so just got here". Do they really think that's going to make their teammate go any faster? I would think it would just be a distraction (not to mention drive me crazy and get me mad at my teammate).
curse reversed
bunched

Postby cooper on Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:32 pm

Surprised to read a few comments describing this ep as boring - I didn't find it boring at all, it actually had me on the edge of my seat for a lot of it. Mainly because, as the Globetrotters are my favourite team, I just wanted them to get to the damn pitstop and be safe, and every time it looked like they might be falling behind I was getting stressed. I love the rivalry between them and Sam and Dan though - but the GTs deserve to do better than the brothers. I didn't twig it was non-elim either until the pitstop and Phil didnt say to Cheyne and Megan that they were "one of the three teams in the final". But still, I wanted to make sure the GTS didnt end up last and incurring a speed bump for the next leg, so I was still on tenterhooks all throughout that search in the opera house.

I have to say I have a bad feeling though. Pretty much every time it gets down to four teams, my favourite end up being eliminated right before the final. Im getting flashbacks to season 3 here, when Derek and Drew were "my team". They went out in fourth place, leaving brothers, a married couple, and a dating couple in the final. The dating couple won.... too many similarities for my liking so I fear for the Globetrotters next week.....
cooper
bunched

Postby M. Darcy on Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:41 pm

Im getting flashbacks to season 3 here, when Derek and Drew were "my team". They went out in fourth place, leaving brothers, a married couple, and a dating couple in the final. The dating couple won.... too many similarities for my liking so I fear for the Globetrotters next week.....
If it makes you feel better, Flo and Zach weren't dating - they were and are just friends. Now if Meghan starts flirting with one of the Globetrotters, then get worried :-)
M. Darcy
philpostle

Postby rockhpi on Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:54 pm

Meghan and Cheyne were delayed by Flight time, not Brian and Ericka.

Don't forget Kevin and Drew (out in 4th place), and Danny & Oswald (out 4th), The Clowns (out 4th) and Danny & Oswald (AGAIN in All-Stars) - at least those are some of my favorites. It's been scaring me with the Globetrotters!
rockhpi
taking a detour

Postby lucinator on Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:45 pm

evening wrote:I dont get why Flight Time was allowed to go down the stairs of the ladder when Big Easy was still finishing the ropes challenge. Dont they have to stay together? Within a certain amount of feet of each other? I thought that was why Brian couldnt descend to deal with the cab - he had to wait for his partner.

I think the person working at the ropes challenge told him to go down, probably because it was getting crowded up there. For safety reasons, obeying production staff would probably take precedent over any rules about staying near your partner.
lucinator
official TARfly hugger & modest goddess
official TARfly hugger & modest goddess

Next

Return to Past Seasons